Monday, April 14, 2008

Maybe My Psychology Degree is Useful

Because otherwise I think I would need to go into therapy for an identity crisis. Yesterday as I was watching the excruciatingly long Red Sox/Yankees game (yay Sox!), I was thinking about the types of commercials I see on the very few tv shows that I watch. I am obviously not the target audience. The majority of the commercials are for:
  • ED
  • Cars (I'll never be able to afford one)
  • Retirement (ditto)
  • Investment plans (same)
  • Lots and lots of beer
Not really applicable, no? If they want me to buy things, the commercials should be for:
  • M&Ms
  • Loan forgiveness
  • Coffee
  • Yarn
  • Low fat/low calorie convenience food
  • Anything that gives me more time to sleep
The moral of the story is that I'm watching TV shows for older, rich, but not necessarily classy men.

No comments: