Sunday, December 16, 2007

Remember

Remember when you were this excited about Christmas?

Me, Christmas 1985.

We were hit with a nasty snow and ice storm last night. I am almost relieved that I have this final paper as an excuse to keep me inside, under several quilts, with a space heater next to me.

We are going to put up the Christmas tree this afternoon. I have not even started Christmas shopping, never mind any sort of baking or crafting. I miss when Christmas was a joy, not a chore. I would love to have this week to do nothing more than get ready for Christmas and enjoy the season. I would love to go sledding, drink lots of hot cocoa and spiced cider, decorate cookies, knit, make the advent calender I have been dying to create, watch all the old Christmas movies, make hand made cards, find our collection of Christmas books and read them, listen to only Christmas music, and generally just take it all in. I cannot do that, so instead, my goal is to do one of those things each day. Today is decorating. Maybe by next week I will feel like that <- again.

No comments: