Monday, April 30, 2007

Weekend at Cornell

Still recovering, so this probably will not be the most enlightening post. I do not know what it is, but whenever something big happens, I have a hard time writing about it. I do not know if it is because I want to keep it to myself or if I just need time to digest it. Probably a little bit of both.

Anyway, this weekend my dad and I drove 5.5 hours to Cornell. It is the opposite of what I am used to. I live in cities and attended a relatively small, contained university. In contrast, Cornell is a huge school in a small city. I can already tell I am going to get lost even more than usual.

Everyone at the CIPA program was really nice. They seemed to genuinely enjoy their studies/job. I got the impression the program was a true family. Hearing about all the different opportunities, from the public affairs journal to internships to service learning classes made me really excited. I love that I am going to be a part of a group of people who are as idealistic as I am. I think the practical basis of the program is perfect too. This time when I graduate, I will have some usable skills and real-world experience.

I got a cute little apartment right near downtown. Emphasis on the little. The balcony, the apartment's selling point, is about the size of the whole apartment. I felt like I imposed on the people who live there now, so I just looked around briefly. For the life of me, I cannot remember if I saw a closet. I sure hope there is one because I have a lot of stuff. I'm very happy Fenway can come with me, although I am worried that we are going to be outnumbered by Yankees fans.

Long story (or post) short... CIPA is awesome. I think Cornell is going to be good. My new apartment is adorable. I do not want to have to make that long drive again for a long time!

No comments: