
The first project that I created was this card. I thought of it as a birthday card, but I suppose it could be for any type of celebration. I used a Fiskars' texture plate to make the pp (Provo Craft) a little more interesting. I have not hand sewn anything for awhile, but the card seemed boring without it. The stamp is by K & Co.

I also did a 12 x 12 layout. It was so beautiful outside today that I had to go take a walk and capture some late winter pictures. I cannot take credit for the design- it is by Amanda Probst. Chatterbox pp, Bazzill cs, Marvy Uchida pen. I also used American Craft thickers letters because they matched. They're one of my new favorite lettering tools.
There are things that I really love about the felt flowers and punctuation. They add great texture, come in cute colors, and spice up any page. You get a lot of different pieces in the container, so it is well worth the money. However, I haven't found a good way to adhere them besides brads and staples. Liquid adhesive shows through, and glue dots and my roller adhesive only stick to them sometimes. The major thing that I don't like about the American Crafts felt sis that each container doesn't contain all the shapes in all sizes and colors. I was looking for the largest flower in one color, but found that it was only available in two other colors. The advantage of the packaging is the variety, yet it seems like there was never the piece I was looking for. My suggestion to the manufacturer: make even numbers of each shape and size and each color. Then I would buy the whole line!



No comments:
Post a Comment