Thursday, May 15, 2008

Paper Writing OCD

I never realized that I was so particular about how I write my papers until today. I am trying to cut out a few steps, and it is just turning into a disaster. I've never had so much trouble writing even one paragraph in my life. This doesn't bode well for the remaining 19 pages I still have to write in the next 24 hours...

In case you are curious (play along here) this is my process. It is best completed at a rate of one to two steps per day:
  1. Find all sources
  2. Write outline backbone
  3. Read sources, adding content to outline as I go along, including all quotes and citations
  4. Edit outline, rearranging information until I'm happy with it
  5. Write rough draft
  6. Edit 2 times, first time ripping it apart, the second time more for grammar and sentence construction
  7. Write bibliography (Thank you Word 2007 for doing this automatically)
  8. Edit 1 more time
  9. Write cover page (I seem to have developed a problem remembering this step lately)
  10. Print paper and turn in

No comments: