Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Why I Hate Fox

I figured I would do a wee bit of blogging (like every other baseball lover) while I am watching the All Star Game. It has been a long day, so you just get lists.

Things I Don't Like About Fox


  1. Let's just get it out of the way...it's Fox. Ignoring why it is a bad network, why can't a REAL sports network broadcast the game?
  2. 8 pm- what a stupid start time!
  3. Homer Simpson doing a promo.
  4. "Not a surprise, Barry Bonds got the longest ovation." No shit! You waited 3 times as long for his applause as anyone elses'.
  5. Barry, Barry, Barry!
  6. I can never find the pitch count.
  7. I'm sorry, did someone just say the Tigers are the best team in baseball?
  8. A-Rod- where's that clutch performance now? Can't even catch a ball, can you? Ok, I guess I can't blame a Yankee sucking on Fox.
  9. Was the fraternity comment necessary? Thank you for alienating all of your loyal female viewers and fans.
  10. Just because more people since 1963 have hit x number of home runs in a year, does not mean that steroids are responsible. What about changes in bats, balls, parks, nutrition, conditioning, styles, etc.?

Things I Like About Fox

  1. The Willie Mays tribute made me cry.
  2. All the baseball-related commercials. Well, except for the unnecessary yelling.
  3. Cal Ripken and Ozzie Smith giving us the batting order, along with the cool position graphics.
  4. Announcers who at least know more about baseball than the announcers last year. At least they've heard of David Ortiz. No seriously, do you remember last year?
  5. There are more of my boys than players from any other AL team. I guess Fox had nothing to do with that.
  6. Manny having a "Manny being Manny" moment when he was too busy talking to Paps to acknowledge his name being called. Guess that's not Fox related either.
  7. The promo with Manny doing his funny little dance. Think I can get that on YouTube? Manny is totally cracking me up today.

Conclusion: I'll forgive Fox its faults because the AL beat the NL 5-4, making them the winners of the last 10 straight decisions. They gave me a heart attack there though at the bottom of the 9th!

No comments: