Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekly Crafty Update 7/22

What have I been up to this week? To be honest, a whole lot of Harry Potter.

Culinary:
Let's be honest, the only thing that I remotely came close to cooking this week was the strawberry, raspberry, and blackberry fruit salad I made for breakfast. Oh, and cinnamon toast yesterday.

Reading:
Finished re-reading "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". Read "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" yesterday, then re-read the last six chapters for good measure. I am still not quite sure how I feel about it.

Scrapbooking:
Nada. It's the whole one craft thing. I was too busy knitting and reading this week.

Knitting:
I had a lot more time to knit this week than I thought I would. I finished the bottom and two sides of what will be my felted bag. I'm working on the front and back now. After that, I need to press it all and put it together so I can start my felting experiment.

I also worked on my lacy scarf while waiting for Harry Potter to arrive. I think I'm finally at 6 inches. My camera ran out of batteries, so no picture of that this week.

Podcasts:
I discovered two new awesome podcasts this week: Cast On and Shortorder.tv. I'm a little worried that the second one isn't producing any more podcasts, which would be an utter shame because 3 minute meals are something even I can do.

Red Sox:
It is a good thing the Sox won their last two games. I have been so disgusted with them that I have not watched a game in a week and a half. I'm really looking forward to Lester's return tomorrow night.

Other:
My roommate threw a Harry Potter party Friday night. She decorated the whole apartment and we played trivia, pin the tail on the Dudders, and just had a lot of fun. OK yes, we're dorks, and proud of it.

No comments: