Tuesday, July 17, 2007

One Craft Lady

I am Megan, the Queen of Multi-tasking. Driving to work? I am listening to a podcast, writing down inspiring websites (yes, I know this is not safe, but there are several lights at the beginning and end of my commute), planning out my day, and having my morning coffee. At home after going to the gym? I'm likely to be keeping up with the Sox game, writing a blog, updating my podcast list, talking on the phone, reading other blogs, and trying to remember to eat dinner.

So why am I not a crafty multi-tasker?

I recently started knitting again. All of a sudden, I have stopped thinking about scrapbooking. When I go into a craft store, I only buy yarn and needles, barely taking the time to check out the newest scrap supplies. CHA hardly interests me right now. This is exactly why I stopped knitting for a year- I was too busy scrapbooking.

So what am I working on?

I just finished this. I love that it only took an hour or two to finish.

No, it does not have a big hole at the bottom. That is just the way the dropped stitches fell for the picture.

I am now working on this scarf. The lace pattern is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I think I am going to get about 6" and then make another one of the scarves above for a present. I also want to try my hand at a felted purse while I am still living somewhere where I do not have to pay to do laundry. If that works out, I really want to make a cute felted pencil case as a going to grad school present to myself.

All of this in 5 weeks? That mini-album of my grandparent's 50th anniversary party last year is looking even less like it is going to get done.

No comments: