Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Saturday Night

Sometimes you just need a night at home. I cast on and got all the way through the gusset decreases on this sock.

I found this Lion Brand yarn today while I was looking for fabric for my first project using my new mini sewing machine. I'm still not quite sure if I like it, but it is fun to knit. I need to get over my fear of fingering weight yarn and make some socks that are suitable for days that are warmer than 15 degrees or that fit in shoes besides my hiking boots. My Knit Picks yarn arrived this week, so I'll have a chance once I finish these socks. Fenway had fun watching me knit and trying to play with the yarn.

I also watched Super Size Me. It is good for giving you resolve on your healthy diet. After that I listened to a few of my favorite podcasts: Knit Picks Podcast, Quirky Nomads, and Cast On. For you non-knitters, Quirky Nomads is really funny. Check it out.

I also made a really yummy dinner. You can find the recipe here. I did not use the cheese, cooked the chicken in a skillet instead of the grill, and used more tomato. I'll definitely be making this again.

:) Super Bowl tomorrow (or I guess now its today) .

No comments: