Wednesday, February 7, 2007
What We Can Learn From Children
I'm sitting at my computer with tears streaming down my face. I just read one of the sweetest things I'd ever heard. I'm not quite sure how to link it here (sorry, please be patient with my blog naivete), but if you can, go check out Donna Downey's blog (donnadowney dot typepad dot com). Her entry tonight is about how her 6 year old daughter saw the "Six Degrees" badge on her blog and asked her why it was there. Donna explained that it was a picture of a little boy who has autism and is to raise awareness and money to help people with autism. The little girl asked if she could donate money that she had earned ($38!) to help, and she did. The only way I can express how I feel about the wonderful thing that little girl did is to cry. It is truly the sweetest, most innocent and selfless thing I have heard in a very long time. It gives me hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment