Some days I feel old. I've graduated from college and have a 9 to 5 (ok, 10 to 6) job. Every day I get up, go to work, go to the gym, come home and have dinner, surf the web or something, and go to bed. Now don't get me wrong, I love my job. I do something different every day, and I work with a great bunch of people. It's the right balance of stress and challenges. I just feel sometimes that my life is so normal and predictable. I'm too young to be predictable right?
On the other hand, lately I've been channeling my 17 year old high school senior self. I've been applying to graduate schools. So far I've only turned in one application, and I'm not supposed to find out until mid-March if I am accepted, yet every day I get the mail with a mixture of excitement and dread. What if there is an envelope? What if it is big? What if it is small? The anticipation is just like it was when I was 17, and suddenly, I feel so young.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment